What's new

Rt-ac86u and sky fibre without Merlin firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Turb-z

Occasional Visitor
Hi I currently use an openreach modem hg612 3b with rt-ac86u running Merlin firmware but would like to now use ai mesh as I have a second rt-ac86u. Is there a way I can have this working using the asus firmware so I can use aimesh Cabot seem to find any guides on this without Merlin firmware.
Thanks in advance

Hi I currently use an openreach modem hg612 3b with rt-ac86u running Merlin firmware but would like to now use ai mesh as I have a second rt-ac86u. Is there a way I can have this working using the asus firmware so I can use aimesh Cabot seem to find any guides on this without Merlin firmware.
Thanks in advance

Not sure I understand what you're asking?

If you want to use AiMesh, flash the official Asus firmware on it. No way to use AiMesh on your RMerlin powered router right now.

Have you tried using the second 'AC86U as an AP? It may prove to be the better, more stable solution. ;)

I would flash the official firmware but it doesn't have the option 61 like Merlin firmware and because of that no internet with official.

Hi Turb-z - were you able to do this after? Have a similar plan using 1 x AC68U and 3 x AC68's for the mesh. Just got Sky fibre and using PPPOE to access but a bit flaky so hoping to use auto ip via option 61. Thanks

This is an old thread, Merlin supports now Aimesh with his 384.13 firmware!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!