What's new

RT-AC86U / DDNS IPv6 not working / 3.0.0.4.386_51255

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

relgames

Occasional Visitor
I have native IPv6 address and am trying to use DDNS with domains.google

This is how it looks in UI:
Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 21.49.10.png

But the domain only gets ipv4 address. I checked /etc/inadyn.conf and it doesn't mention ipv6.
I tried to make a copy of the file and added "allow-ipv6 = true" into it, and then tried with
Code:
inadyn --once -f "/jffs/configs/inadyn.conf"

And I could see it updating ipv6 address:
Code:
Mar 23 21:53:16 inadyn[13455]: In-a-dyn version 2.8.1 -- Dynamic DNS update client.
Mar 23 21:53:16 inadyn[13455]: IPv6 address fe80::[censored] is not a valid Internet address.
Mar 23 21:53:16 inadyn[13455]: Update needed for alias [censored], new IP# 2a02:[censored]:3e93
Mar 23 21:53:18 inadyn[13455]: Updating cache for [censored]

So looks like IPv6 Update = Yes has no effect on /etc/inadyn.conf - is this stock firmware bug? Should I report it via the feedback form?
And as I'm on the stock firmware, I guess I have no way to add allow-ipv6 = true to /etc/inadyn.conf automatically?

I don't think Asus implemented IPv6 DDNS unless you are using asuscomm.com. I had to do a CNAME on my domain to redirect to a name I setup with asuscomm.com to get around this issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!