What's new

RT-AC86U Dead?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

C4rlos_D4nger

New Around Here
I figure the thing is almost certainly dead, but I want to cover all bases before returning to Best Buy (pretty sure it was the right decision taking the three year warranty lol).

Anyways, situation is that I installed a factory-new ASUS RT-AC86U router today as a replacement for my ISP-provided Actiontec T3200M. Router never booted up. Power LED does not turn on. The only LED that lights up when the device is powered on is, inexplicably, the LAN4 LED.

Obviously I haven't done anything with firmware as the thing never booted once.

Router came right of the box and has not been used previously.

Just wanted to confirm that this thing is DOA and there is nothing I can do to reset it.

Thanks in advance.

I figure the thing is almost certainly dead, but I want to cover all bases before returning to Best Buy (pretty sure it was the right decision taking the three year warranty lol).

Anyways, situation is that I installed a factory-new ASUS RT-AC86U router today as a replacement for my ISP-provided Actiontec T3200M. Router never booted up. Power LED does not turn on. The only LED that lights up when the device is powered on is, inexplicably, the LAN4 LED.

Obviously I haven't done anything with firmware as the thing never booted once.

Router came right of the box and has not been used previously.

Just wanted to confirm that this thing is DOA and there is nothing I can do to reset it.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, that's not right. Exchange it and make sure the new boxed is sealed.

OE

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!