What's new

RT-AC86U out of stock - next best choice?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mrboonmee

Occasional Visitor
I wanted to use and RT-AC86U with Merlin firmware and back ordered everywhere.

What would be next best choice? a small network of 10 workstations, mainly just QuickBooks and office 365. most likely add a server soon.

Thanks

I wonder why they are out of stock? Did Asus lower production or have an issue with that model? I also checked the big stores and nobody has them in stock except for a few that raised the price to gouge you.

I wonder why they are out of stock? Did Asus lower production or have an issue with that model? I also checked the big stores and nobody has them in stock except for a few that raised the price to gouge you.

They are out of stock because Asus has rebate on them. Buy 2 get $40, and it is a popular router. I ordered one from amazon last week for 182.50 but they sold what they had out that day.

I'm still patiently waiting for the RT-AC86U to come back in stock. I have found a couple of sites that have it and are taking advantage of supply and demand by jacking up the price for unwarranted profit. I refuse to give them the extra money that they don't deserve. :rolleyes:

I'm still patiently waiting for the RT-AC86U to come back in stock. I have found a couple of sites that have it and are taking advantage of supply and demand by jacking up the price for unwarranted profit. I refuse to give them the extra money that they don't deserve. :rolleyes:
Its worth the wait, just got mine and its a big improvement over my RT-AC68P

would the RT-AC5300 work well? missing anything the 86U has?
Missing the CPU and its hardware crypto engine.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I had to pull the plug and give in to greed. NewEgg has them back in stock but they raised the price by $10.00 dollars just because they can. I have spent $10 before and got less so what can I say. Hopefully they honor their statement that they have them in-stock and will send then out as promised.

I happen to be in Los Angeles so will call. I don't live here!! :)

made a donation to Merlin.

when I install the new software just do a factory reset? has worked well for me in the past. most likely will use the latest beta.

just checked Amazom and they are out of stock till the 22nd. ebay has over 20 but they are from 200 to 400 bucks and all of them from china.

My install worked out well with 86U, was not seen at first on the network until I plugged my laptop into it. was then able to configure. works great with latest Merlin software.

I ordered mine from NewEgg.com and it should be here tomorrow. They were charging $209 instead of $199.