What's new

Release RT-AC86U Version 3.0.0.4.384.82072

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hey folks, let me apologize for taking this "off the rails." call me bored after getting used to new releases every 4 - 6 weeks!
i hear what being said here and i get it. i personally feel fiber's about dead. one thing not mentioned here, is the untapped rural demand. many of them are stuck with satellite! 5g fixes that with much less expense! also, i understand the speed talk but then comes the general customer reality.

i have a very fast sports car but for all intents and purposes, it primarily severs me quite well at local speed limits just ike her plain jane. sure, it's nice to blow someone away at a traffic light, but it's a rare occasio. bottom line, i may get to 70 mph faster but after that we're all about the same. there's a point where more speed has diminishing returns for a corporate investment.
don't know about u guys but i have three 4k sets - most often 2 in use with iot devices and 'puters. with 200mbps from spectrum, we're in heaven! granted u have those with more needs but wil they be the average customer? the tv's are ac and most everything else in on the 2.4 radio. including our ac iphones!

i gonna apologize for my bad thread manners here and will let this go but intelligent reponses like yours, are why i feel this forum is TOPS!.

i personally feel fiber's about dead. one thing not mentioned here, is the untapped rural demand. many of them are stuck with satellite! 5g fixes that with much less expense! also, i understand the speed talk but then comes the general customer reality.

Rural electric cooperatives are stringing fiber to the home... their homes... it's a member-owned enterprise. My mother-in-law retired to a rural homestead on a state highway surrounded by corn and soybeans... and has a fiber optic cable snaking up from a hole in the floor of her study to a gateway under her desk. It delivers 100dn/up plus TV. I bridged the gateway and installed an RT-AC68U plus an ata and an extension on my VoIP Internet phone service. Internet only is $50/month without the monthly WiFi fee. I don't know what she pays for the TV bundled in.

OE

Everything seems to be working very well, but I notice alot of these in logs at times.
44:1C:A8:49:A7:90 not mesh client, can't update it's ip

Everything seems to be working very well, but I notice alot of these in logs at times.
44:1C:A8:49:A7:90 not mesh client, can't update it's ip

We were told here by Asus (in the beta thread) not to worry about those entries.

OE

Two WAN disconnects for me this morning, roughly 10 minutes apart.

Pretty sure it's ISP related?
Why are you still using this outdated firmware? Several critical issues have been patched with the beta release and a final is expected any day. Please, update your router!

Why are you still using this outdated firmware? Several critical issues have been patched with the beta release and a final is expected any day. Please, update your router!

There we go.

Awaiting final release of the newer FW. The previous .386 release have had their fair few issues

There we go.

Awaiting final release of the newer FW. The previous .386 release have had their fair few issues
Nothing wrong with 9.0.0.4.386.41994 Beta Version. Better than what you are running. Please upgrade.

I had issues with latest .386 beta and when back to this release over a month ago and been rock solid...looking fwd jumping to .386 in near future.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!