What's new

RT-AC87u firmware development

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

No sadly not, but this is very good news.
To be honest I would think a Merlin 382 is still unlikely for the 87U, as 382 for other models was (rightly) cancelled in favour of fixes found in 384 and beyond. This 382 release for the 87U may well contain the same bugs as 382 for other models, making it not worth Merlin's time to maintain yet another code branch.

To be honest I would think a Merlin 382 is still unlikely for the 87U, as 382 for other models was (rightly) cancelled in favour of fixes found in 384 and beyond. This 382 release for the 87U may well contain the same bugs as 382 for other models, making it not worth Merlin's time to maintain yet another code branch.
I agree.. but since there IS a 382... that might bode well for a source code showing up. (or even a 384 ........hopefully)

Guess its time to update, still running 380.65.9

I too have an 87U but I find the ASUS router model numbers confusing.

I would be interested in knowing what is the "current" family of routers that ASUS is actively supporting rather than the previous models that happen to be still receiving support since it is reasonable to assume they will drop off next.

Any suggestions?

New firmware released yesterday:

ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.50010

Funny thing is, I see it on official Asus download only when selecting something other than win 10 64 bit ;)

Funny thing is, I see it on official Asus download only when selecting something other than win 10 64 bit ;)

They rearranged the download section with an added BIOS & Firmware link, independent of OS versions.

Maybe some issue with your browser? I got the router 2 years ago, and since these days firmware downloads were listed without asking to select OS version. Selecting OS version is only needed for drivers, which makes sense.