What's new

RT-AC87U not detecting USB3 HDD

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pjalm

New Around Here
I have the ASUS RT-AC87U running Asuswrt-Merlin 376.49_5 and it refuses to see my Seagate FA GoFlex Desk USB3 HDD when connected to the USB3 port. If connected to the USB2 port everything is fine.

I have the ASUS RT-AC87U running Asuswrt-Merlin 376.49_5 and it refuses to see my Seagate FA GoFlex Desk USB3 HDD when connected to the USB3 port. If connected to the USB2 port everything is fine.

Have you tried with a small usb flash drive on the USB3 port ?

What do you mean by "it refuses to see" ? No indication at all on the home page, or you seem to have no access to it ?

Disable "Reducing USB 3.0 interference" under Wireless -> Professional (under the 2.4 GHz band).

Disable "Reducing USB 3.0 interference" under Wireless -> Professional (under the 2.4 GHz band).

Interesting. For my own understanding, what is the rational behind that ?

Interesting. For my own understanding, what is the rational behind that ?

Enabling this option forces the port to an USB 2.0 compatibility mode, except some disks don't like being plugged to that port in such a mode.

Wow that worked, thx so much.
...and, interesting "bonus" to the RMerlin suggestion, your USB3 disk will work at usb3 full speed (not limited to usb2 speed, as it would have been).