What's new

RT-AC87U - Wifi Intranet Access Interferring with Internet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

torgo

New Around Here
I have only been able to get reliable wifi internet over the Guest Network with intranet access disabled.

With the regular wifi network, devices will get a "connected without internet" message.

With a Guest Network with intranet access enabled, devices start off with internet access but then it goes away, and can sometimes seem to be "awakened" when trying to load something from the internet after an initial delay.

This behavior is consistent with Merlin firmware and after a factory reset with the latest Asus firmware.

Any ideas?

I have only been able to get reliable wifi internet over the Guest Network with intranet access disabled.

With the regular wifi network, devices will get a "connected without internet" message.

With a Guest Network with intranet access enabled, devices start off with internet access but then it goes away, and can sometimes seem to be "awakened" when trying to load something from the internet after an initial delay.

This behavior is consistent with Merlin firmware and after a factory reset with the latest Asus firmware.

Any ideas?

I wonder if something on your LAN/WLAN is interfering with routing.

This may be a dumb idea, but you could disconnect LAN clients, rename the WLANs, and re-try with just one client.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!