What's new

RT-AC88U Firewall page doesn't accept local ip

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tester83

Occasional Visitor
Hi all,

I want to add a simple firewall rule: ftp server, local ip 192.168.1.2, port 20,21, but router alert me with a popup with this message: 192.168.1.2 is not a valid IP address!

I have merlin version 384.9.
Who can help me?

Thanky you

Last edited:
Never having used this feature before, I simulated the same thing on my RT-AC68U also running 384.9 and inserting the IP address of one of my devices in the Local IP box. When I press the Add button I also receive the message that it’s not a valid IP address.

oh....thank you martinr. So I am not the only one with this problem. I hope someone know how to fix it.

oh....thank you martinr. So I am not the only one with this problem. I hope someone know how to fix it.
See my post above. I had hoped I’d edited it fast enough, but no: you captured it. I also made the same mistake.

Hope the answer above helps.

What would we do without Google? (And don’t say use Bing.)

Perhaps the error should read "Did you actually want to create a port forwarding rule?" :D

See my post above. I had hoped I’d edited it fast enough, but no: you captured it. I also made the same mistake.

Hope the answer above helps.

What would we do without Google? (And don’t say use Bing.)

:) :) :)

I read it before posting , and I use google also :D
But...I did not understand that it had to be ip6

Thank for your answer and sorry!

:) :) :)

I read it before posting , and I use google also :D
But...I did not understand that it had to be ip6

Thank for your answer and sorry!
Don’t be sorry! No-one gets shot down on this forum. And I’ve learned something new. So I’m grateful.