What's new

RT-AC88U new FW 3.0.0.4.385.20490 (28.04.2020)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jass

Regular Contributor
Versjon 3.0.0.4.385.20490 2020/04/2838.16 MBytes

ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.385.20490
- Improved connection stability.
- Optimized CPU utilization.
- Fixed firmware upgrade bugs.
- Support router certificate export. After import the certificate to the computer you will not see the warning message when login with https. Please refer to https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1034294/

[Important notice] If your router firmware is 3.0.0.4.385.20490(or newer version) and want to downgrade to 3.0.0.4.384.81116 (or previous version), you need to reset the router after firmware changed.

Please unzip the firmware file first and then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 4ac9304ed99d9fd27825fbbb1b21c6a5

broke my internet after one day , going back to 3.0.0.4.385.20457 solved the problem

Could this firmware update possibly be a fix for the ‘wlceventd disassociate’ errors I keep getting?

running Merlin atm and just wondering if anyone has had any problems with the AC88U recently.

Could this firmware update possibly be a fix for the ‘wlceventd disassociate’ errors I keep getting?

If it reports disassociating clients, then it means there's a problem with those clients. wlceventd merely reports it.

If it reports disassociating clients, then it means there's a problem with those clients. wlceventd merely reports it.
Oh wow.
Will have to check whats up as it's been disconnecting from many devices. Thanks for the info!

See the changelog for both versions of the firmware for the past few releases to see what things changed. :)

I just updated to it and will report back if anything is amiss for me.

I haven't had any issues so far since updating.

Hi everyone, this is my first post here and I am a total newbie when it comes to wireless networking but I have found SNB a tremendous resource, although I totally am not wrapping my head around everything yet.

I posted here as I feel this firmware update for AC88U has kinda ruined my network for me!

First off, let me explain my setup. I have the AC88U as my main router connected to my modem. There is a AC5300 on the second floor that is ethernet backhauled to the AC5300 (I have heard that the 5300 is a superior model to the 88U but the initial set up was done by my father and it’s metaphorically set in stone; if any of you strongly suggests me to switch the two, I will do so with trepidation and risk losing my inheritance =p)

I recently purchased a pair of AX92U’s for AiMesh. Initially everything was hunky dory. The topology was 88U to 5300, and then the two 92U connected to 5300, or daisy-chained sometimes to the 5300 (because the 5300, and the two 92U are on the same side of the flat even though they are one storey apart)

Two days ago, I noticed there were firmware updates for the 88U (3.0.0.4.385.20490) and also the 5300 (3.0.0.4.384.81844). I pressed update and that’s when things went wrong. The two 92U still show up on the AiMesh map in my app, but keep showing as offline. I factory reset both 92U and re-added them to no avail. At one point, even though the 192 page told me the 92U has been added to the network as a mesh, it didn’t even show up on the map at all.

I went to the service centre and they gave me a new pair of 92U, but on coming home, it was the same thing: after adding to the mesh, the two 92U will show a weak signal for a while but ultimately go offline.

May 4 14:48:11 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(500): eth1: Auth 04:D9:F5:2E:EA:A0, status: Successful (0)
May 4 14:48:11 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(529): eth1: Assoc 04:D9:F5:2E:EA:A0, status: Successful (0)
May 4 14:48:12 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(466): eth1: Deauth_ind 04:D9:F5:2E:EA:A0, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)

I see a lot of WLCEVENTD_PROC_EVENT subsequently and believe it’s related to why my 92U are not coming online? My two 92U have IDs ending in A0 and F0 and hence why I recognised it might be related (also related to the timestamp when I was pairing them with the 88U).

I have spoken to ASUS tech support with no luck. I even rolled back the 5300 firmware by one version but it didn’t help. However, I have a strong feeling the issue is with the new firmware for 88U because it wouldn’t allow my 92U to go online? Do any of you think that is the issue?

I think the following things are what I should try next:

1.) Roll back 88U firmware to last good version for me which was 3.0.0.4.384.81790. However, do I need to do a factory reset?

2.) Keep current firmware but do a factory reset on 88U.

If needing to update the firmware of the 92U is necessary, I’m unable to do so from the 192 page as they are both showing as offline. How do I update the firmware in this case?

Right now both 92U are happily blinking away even though they are offline. From time to time, the row of white LEDs would do a sweeping turn off and then turn back on again. I’m guessing more wlcevent dissociation.

The reason I am hesitant to do a factory reset for 88U is because my dad has wired up all kinds of things to the LAN ports of the 88U and I am worried that my doing so will break his internet. If a factory reset is what I have to do, could you point me to any prior posts that shows what steps I need to take to do it safely? I am a total newbie so even when you say “flash” the firmware, I’m not even sure what flashing would entail.

Sorry for the wall of text, and please let me know what I should do next! Many thanks!