What's new

RT-AC88U with Merlin 382.1_2 Time Zone error

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bemo47

Occasional Visitor
Hi,
My router still says time zone error, but the setting is the correct one, GMT+1, i am in France, but it shows an error and its 1 hour in advance.
What should i do to correct this error ?
Regards,
Bernard

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 408
af883ed28d39fc0d91254e9352b1e13b.jpg

Use these settings for Europe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(but with time zone as Paris still)

Yes, but by doing this we use a time zone which is -1 hour from the right one, so it correct the error, but there is still an error somewhere...

I did it, no error now.....

Thks for ur answer.... but abnormal on Merlin side...

Yes, but by doing this we use a time zone which is -1 hour from the right one, so it correct the error, but there is still an error somewhere...

Your problem is it is set to March and January on 2nd Sunday, it should be March and October on 5th (which means last). As we are in November your current rules think it is still Summer time!

I did it, no error now.....

Thks for ur answer.... but abnormal on Merlin side...
For CET, Central European Time, the correct DST settings are these, you can select any of the Time Zones as long as it is GMT+01:00:
Starts: Last Sunday in March at 02:00
Ends: Last Sunday in October at 03:00

n2UhvN6.png

Ok, got it, i change jan by oct and now i can set GMT+1, its ok
But i still don't understand the meaning of these settings, month, ok, but why 5th week ? Anyway it works....
And if we use an NTP server, this NTP shouyld gives the right params ?

Ok, got it, i change jan by oct and now i can set GMT+1, its ok
But i still don't understand the meaning of these settings, month, ok, but why 5th week ? Anyway it works....

Consider 5th to mean “last”. So it means last Sunday in the month regardless of if there are 4 or 5 Sunday’s.

NTP will work fine, but the protocol does not give you DST/Timezone Settings. NTP always gives the UTC time and your router/device offsets that to your local time.

That's an Asus and many, many more device manufactures firmware problem with an outdated database.
All NTP servers only send the reference time, irrespective of the NTP server you select. The device then adjusts this reference with the Time Zone settings you set.