What's new

RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Saxguy

New Around Here
Is there any way to save all the current settings into a file that is readable, as I want to try and factory re-set my router, but I have a decent size network which took me a while to work my way through (I'm not good at this stuff), and having a list of settings that "works" might help me through the process. Recently had a internet stuff-up, and my ISP gave me a new modem. Also, I feel that maybe I'm not utilising the ASUS to its best advantages. I have tried going to "SAVE" settings, and all i get is a one line garbled output on a file which I have no control over where to save it. I have a mac, so maybe that doesnt help. Thanks

How to I use get a text-based backup?
Connect to your router over SSH/telnet, and run the following:

Code:
nvram show | sort
If you have a USB disk plugged as /mnt/sda1/, then you can save the output to a text file:

Code:
nvram show | sort > /mnt/sda1/settings.txt

Thank you for the reply.... now i have to find out how to do all of this... SSH/telnet? Can I do this from my Mac?

You can try following the amtm Step-by-Step guide in the link below with regards to how to get ssh access to the router. :)

L&LD | SmallNetBuilder Forums

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!