What's new

RT-AX 11000 -> 5Ghz-1 bandwidth issue with Wifi 6

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kashif Tasneem

Regular Contributor
Hi. I have smart connect setup for my router. 5Ghz-1 has control channel of 48 while 5 Ghz-2 has connect channel of 161. When my iPhone 12 connects to 5Ghz-1, it's speed is limited. As you can see from the screenshot, it is connected to the 20mhz bandwidth.

Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 4.35.18 PM.png

What can be the issue? How can I fix it?

Change the control channel (currently 48) to get better than 20MHz bandwidth on that AX SSID.

Also, why are you only on AC with band -2?

Change the control channel (currently 48) to get better than 20MHz bandwidth on that AX SSID.

Also, why are you only on AC with band -2?
Which channel should I select instead of 48? I tried with 36 too but no improvement.

I set band 2 to AC only just for testing. Reverted it back.

Test all available. :)

Make sure to reboot the router and the client device(s) you're testing with too and don't use (or even have 'open') any Wi-Fi monitoring apps when you're doing your tests. Be patient after each reboot to allow the router to stabilize too before jumping into testing.

Don't test with any handheld devices (waste of time). Use a computer that is plugged into AC power with the system/battery mode in Performance mode.

Are you using 386.xx level firmware? Has it maybe been removed for download (by Asus)?

Test all available. :)

Make sure to reboot the router and the client device(s) you're testing with too and don't use (or even have 'open') any Wi-Fi monitoring apps when you're doing your tests. Be patient after each reboot to allow the router to stabilize too before jumping into testing.

Don't test with any handheld devices (waste of time). Use a computer that is plugged into AC power with the system/battery mode in Performance mode.

Are you using 386.xx level firmware? Has it maybe been removed for download (by Asus)?

Thanks. Firmware version is: 3.0.0.4.384_9566

Hope you get to enjoy all the 386.xxx firmware version benefits soon.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!