What's new

RT-AX55 with really bad wired upload speeds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gtludwig

New Around Here
Hi all,

This is my first post here.

I own the router model above, it is running firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_10261-gfb41bd7 and it is operating in wireless router mode.

rt-ax55_version.png

I started noticing really slow upload speeds when connected to the router over ethernet.

As for using the same measuring standard, I am using the speed test from Chromium on my Linux Mint laptop.

My broadband is with Virgin Media in Ireland and I have 250 Mbps download and 25 Mbps upload.

This is the typical result I get if connected directly to the ISP box over ethernet.

hub_speedTest_wired.png

On the ASUS router over WiFi, I get this:

rt-ax55_speedTest_wireless.png

I am in the same room as the router and it is behind the TV, about 1.8 meters (6 feet) away. Not fantastic download speed, but nominal upload.

And, connected to the RT-AX55 over ethernet, using the same cable that I connected to the ISP box earlier I get this:

rt-ax55_speedTest_wired.png

There is something really wrong here!

I understand there is no Asuswrt-merlin does not have support for my router.

I will attempt a Factory Reset later tonight, but has anyone seen this behaviour before? Any ideas I could try before that?

Thanks in advance,
Gus

I have opened a support ticket with ASUS via email and called them. The first level service said he himself has escalated the issue and asked whether I was on the latest firmware and had done a factory reset. It is now a waiting game...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!