What's new

Solved RT-AX56U as a mesh client and Ethernet bridge

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mvadu

Regular Contributor
Hi experts, I am using a RT-ac3100 as my main router with all its 4 ethernet ports used up. Up stairs I have another tplink bridge for one more device requiring a lan connection. I am considering replacing the tplink bridge with Asus RT-AX56U (its on a sale for $129 CAD). I am not able to find if the 56U can act as a AI Mesh node as well as a ethernet bridge. Can one of you who are using AI Mesh help me here?

Hi experts, I am using a RT-ac3100 as my main router with all its 4 ethernet ports used up. Up stairs I have another tplink bridge for one more device requiring a lan connection. I am considering replacing the tplink bridge with Asus RT-AX56U (its on a sale for $129 CAD). I am not able to find if the 56U can act as a AI Mesh node as well as a ethernet bridge. Can one of you who are using AI Mesh help me here?

Attachments

• AX56U.png
    AX56U.png
    107.1 KB · Views: 123
Yes, I run a pair of RT-AX56Us as nodes with my RT-AX88U. I'm using Ethernet backhaul. Recent firmware versions seem to be pretty good on this model as a mesh node.

1610382369693.png

well, my question is if you select "AI Mesh node" as its operation mode, can you still connect the clients to its LAN ports and use them? essentially it acting as mesh node and media bridge at the same time.

With your AX56U connected as a node, can you use its LAN ports as clients as well? or it only bridges the clients on Wifi?
Yes I use the LAN ports for some devices