What's new

RT-AX68U - No internet after firmware update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bolin

New Around Here
Running Merlin 386.4.0 and wanting to update to latest 386.5.2 however whenever I update I end up with no internet connection.
I have tried a reset then restore settings, again I have no internet.
I am aware that I can likely do a factory reset, however I have quite few settings which I do not really want to lose as it would take me time and hassle to enter them again.

Is there any way I can get this working after an update?

Running Merlin 386.4.0 and wanting to update to latest 386.5.2 however whenever I update I end up with no internet connection.
I have tried a reset then restore settings, again I have no internet.
I am aware that I can likely do a factory reset, however I have quite few settings which I do not really want to lose as it would take me time and hassle to enter them again.

Is there any way I can get this working after an update?
Are you sure you used the file for an AX68U and not an AX86U? Very easy to get those letters twisted.

Are you sure you used the file for an AX68U and not an AX86U? Very easy to get those letters twisted.
Absolutely certain.
RT-AX68U_386.5_2_cferom_pureubi.w

I have tried this about 5 times now, and each time have had to revert back to 386.4.0 to get it working again.

Sadly, yes. I say sadly as I know what your next comment will be, hence my original question. :)
Clearly something in my CFG is disagreeable, I just wondered if there was a way around it?

So, if I am honest, it's probably the odd setting I have no idea I changed :) as well as some Mac/IP bindings, AIMesh setup and samba share. Off the top of my head

It is proably the Aimesh that is messing it up so you may want to redo that after update.

DHCP/custom client list can be backed up/restored with WinSCP and there is a portable version lower down on that page if you don't want to install.

Enable SSH on the router then set WinSCP to SCP protocol then go to the /jffs/nvram

DHCP/IP reservation is file dhcp_staticlist

Client list is custom_clientlist

The other files you want may be in there too.

What you see in WinSCP:

Screenshot 2022-05-09 122158.jpg

It is proably the Aimesh that is messing it up so you may want to redo that after update.

DHCP/custom client list can be backed up/restored with WinSCP and there is a portable version lower down on that page if you don't want to install.

Enable SSH on the router then set WinSCP to SCP protocol then go to the /jffs/nvram

DHCP/IP reservation is file dhcp_staticlist

Client list is custom_clientlist

The other files you want may be in there too.

What you see in WinSCP:

View attachment 41193
Thank you for that, I have made a backup of those files. I wonder is there one which would save the settings for "USB Application - Network Place (Samba) Share / Cloud Disk" ?