What's new

RT-AX82U Settings Help.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LocoDice

New Around Here
Hey there, new to the forum..new router, glad im here!

So i bought the 82U to upgrade my home network (and future proof)...to the point,

Qos on gaming / Ai protection on its ok right?

Smart connect is on (now i have a problem with that) - i have to re-configure some lights on my home but they need 2.4Ghz only wifi connection,

my phone is on 5ghz (since smart connect is on) - if i disable smart connect (to fix the lights and re-enable smartconnect) are all the other devices lose connection?

Such as my TV for example.

Any other setting or suggestion would be welcome, thanks!

Hey there, new to the forum..new router, glad im here!

So i bought the 82U to upgrade my home network (and future proof)...to the point,

Qos on gaming / Ai protection on its ok right?

Smart connect is on (now i have a problem with that) - i have to re-configure some lights on my home but they need 2.4Ghz only wifi connection,

my phone is on 5ghz (since smart connect is on) - if i disable smart connect (to fix the lights and re-enable smartconnect) are all the other devices lose connection?

Such as my TV for example.

Any other setting or suggestion would be welcome, thanks!

Toggling Smart Connect OFF and ON is not going to be a solution.

If Smart Connect ON is not working for your clients, I would leave it OFF, set different SSIDs (ssid-24, ssid-50) and only connect your clients to the preferred SSID/band. This avoids band contention, may speed roaming, allows segmenting clients per band, and simplifies troubleshooting client connections (you will already know what band they are connected to).

OE

Alright then, i've done it, i seperate them (also changed passwords again)

And reconfigure everything from the start in the house, lights etc in 2.4 and main devices tv-pc in 5ghz.

Alright then, i've done it, i seperate them (also changed passwords again)

And reconfigure everything from the start in the house, lights etc in 2.4 and main devices tv-pc in 5ghz.

And wire whatever you can... for example, put a switch at the media center, if convenient.

Also, make sure to not place other radio devices too close to the wireless router.

OE

I have everything wireless nowadays, even the pc (same room as the asus router).

The TV is streaming 4k netflix with no issus in the living room.

In general everything seems normal..we will see down the road.

Since i dont wanna make a new thread for this router again.

Question:

I wanna setup the ai cloud 2.0 - i wanna put an external hard driver on the router with movies only, and have access to it from the smart tv on the living room?

Am i thinking this concept right?

Am i thinking this concept right?
No. AiCloud is for remote access to your devices from the internet.

If you want your local devices to access a USB drive connected to the router you would use the options under USB Application > Servers Center. Which specific options you use will depend on what is supported by your TV.