What's new

RT-AX86S - 2.4Gbps connections

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just came across this thread..

Same issue... 160 MHz bw requires using DFS channels which can force the router to drop back to 80 MHz bw using non-DFS channels to avoid radar that is given priority by law.

Either use 80 MHz across non-DFS channels or move away from the radar.

OE

I'm not using DFS channels and I'm connecting at 2.4 so that is not required. I switched the wireless mode to N/AC/AX and maybe I've been lucky but it has been maintaining 2.4Gbps connections pretty reliably so far.

1646537090042.png

1646537149075.png

Last edited:
I'm not using DFS channels and I'm connecting at 2.4 so that is not required. I switched the wireless mode to N/AC/AX and maybe I've been lucky but it has been maintaining 2.4Gbps connections pretty reliably so far.

Here in the US, a WiFi6 AX 2.4Gbps link rate requires 160MHz bandwidth spanning channels 36-64 (some DFS frequencies) or channels 100-128 (all DFS frequencies). If the router detects radar, it will drop to 80MHz bandwidth to clear the DFS channels/frequencies, and the link rate will drop to 1.2Gbps.

1646566614538.png

OE

I noticed the other day I had a number of devices connecting at 2.4Gbps. Days later possibly after a reboot they were connecting at 1.2Gbps. I found if I change the 5ghz channel sometimes these will connect again at 2.4Gbps but not always. I have the 2.4 radio disabled and I need to use non DFS channels. Any better idea what the issue is with maintaining 2.4Gbps connections.
Hello, same issue here, 2.4gbps, but after restarting laptop or router ax86u again at 1.2gbps, but, I found solution, sorry dont sure how this site works, just suscribed here.. hope you can read this message.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!