What's new

RT-AX86U crashing when I try to use more than 1 VPN Client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

trunkroll

New Around Here
I have an old RT-N66R that would run 5 VPN Clients at the same time with no problems. Today I got a AX86U and pretty much replicated the same settings on it however it will crash every time I try to run the 2nd VPN Client, to the point where it will disconnect my internet entirely and I have to unplug/replug the WAN ethernet cable to get it running again. The last lines of the logs before my internet goes down completely are:

Dec 18 17:20:12 openvpn-routing: Configuring policy rules for client 2
Dec 18 17:20:12 ovpn-client2[6126]: Initialization Sequence Completed
Dec 18 17:20:24 WAN_Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly.

Perhaps its a beta build issue since I found another user with seemingly the same problems:

Instead of 'blindly' using the settings that worked on that old workhorse, try setting up a new VPN connection(s) with the latest suggested steps available from each provider.

That link isn't your issue. :)

You may want to follow the suggestions in the link below to get your new router to a good/known state and have it use the expected defaults of the latest firmware.

New M&M 2020

Be sure not to skip the steps in the link below (also in the link above).

This just happened to my with 386.1_beta2 on AX86U. Setting up second OPENVPN client causes AX86U to lose Wan connection, being slow and not working. Removing connection and rebooting the router all good.

Update to Beta3, its fixed.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!