What's new

RT-AX86U on Merlin 388.1 Web UI hangs when accessing the Web History tab

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pooj

New Around Here
Hi all, I'm having an issue with my router. When I access the QoS web history tab in my router the web UI stops responding. If I leave it long enough (about 5-10 mins) then it just goes back to the login screen. I rebooted the router (clearing the logs) but the following day, the same happens, it hangs if I access that tab. As such I can't turn off the history via the web admin as it hangs before I can change the setting.

I also hit an issue where trying to save my config just hung the web admin page as well. I waited till it went back to the login page, logged in again and was finally able to save my config.

Any ideas what could be the cause/solution for the web history tab?

This is a bug in the official 388 firmware.
The problem with WebUI becoming unresponsive was fixed in 388.2 by merging 22525 GPL, but there is still a problem with web history recording stopping after a few days.
Using 386 firmware is the solution.

This is a bug in the official 388 firmware.
The problem with WebUI becoming unresponsive was fixed in 388.2 by merging 22525 GPL, but there is still a problem with web history recording stopping after a few days.
Using 386 firmware is the solution.
Thanks Zangief. Is reverting back to 386.* a simple case of loading that firmware or do I need to do something specific?

When I reverted from Merlin 388.2 alpha2 to the official 3.0.0.4.386.49599, it simply uploaded and worked.
However, it seems that in some cases a reset and reconfiguration may be necessary.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!