What's new

RT-AX86U slow LAN speed?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm having the same issue. I have like 500/500, and i get like 250-300 down on a wired connection. If i remove the router and plug my internet directly into the laptop i'm testing on, i get full speed. I'm running the latest firmware. i've tried turning aiprotect off, QOS off. Doesnt fix anything. reset the router to default....no change. This only started happening at the end of march. I did upgrade the firmware, though i reverted to the old firmware and tested and the same thing is happening now....its driving me crazy.
ive just purchased this router upgrading from bthub which gave full speed 900mbs the router started off ok at full speed but a day later was down to half speed tried merlin firmware but the same keeps happening until i do factory reset.

I have a similar issue. the firmware is: 3.0.0.4.388_22525-gd35b8fe, but I believe it does not related to firmware since I always has this issue.
I have 2 desktop connect to wired ports. Both of them are 1000M ports. Both Cables are support 1000M as well. When I use scp to copy files, I only have 27.2MB/s which is slower than wifi.

UPDATE:
only SCP has this issue. If use wget (http) the speed close to 100MB/s....so the issue is not related to router.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!