What's new

RT-AX88U AX6000 - Radios Randomly Disabled

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wrightboy

New Around Here
I've only had it for about a month but some weird things started happening this week.

The 5g network network randomly started disappearing probably once a day from all our devices, but the asus dashboard would still show it as functioning - rebooting would fix it. I also today turned off the Allow DFS channels after some googling so hopefully this part might be fixed.

But then suddenly this afternoon, both wifi networks were lost, and logging into the dashboard showed they were both disabled. Had to go under the professional tab and turn the radio back to on for each network.

Anyone have any clues as to what might be causing it to behave like this? Is there any kind of failsafe or other trigger that would actually cause the radios to move to the disabled status?

Thanks.

I've only had it for about a month but some weird things started happening this week.

The 5g network network randomly started disappearing probably once a day from all our devices, but the asus dashboard would still show it as functioning - rebooting would fix it. I also today turned off the Allow DFS channels after some googling so hopefully this part might be fixed.

But then suddenly this afternoon, both wifi networks were lost, and logging into the dashboard showed they were both disabled. Had to go under the professional tab and turn the radio back to on for each network.

Anyone have any clues as to what might be causing it to behave like this? Is there any kind of failsafe or other trigger that would actually cause the radios to move to the disabled status?

Thanks.

The Wireless on/off Button will disable all radios.

OE

Manual or automatic channel selection? Maybe your area is saturated?

Sounds like you need to check also if DFS Channels were used, particularly if you live (not so) near an Airport, a Military Base, a Weather station.

Might be someone touch the wireless on/off button? I think just impossible to wireless disable itself unless someone in the network set it to disable.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!