What's new

RT-AX88U -- best additional router to act as mesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BeerFizz

New Around Here
Hi,

If wanted to add one or more additional ASUS routers to my current RT-AX88U, what would be the minimal cost router(s) I could add to form a mesh, which would give equivalent performance to the AX88U.

Thanks
Phil

Welcome to the forums @BeerFizz.

The RT-AX68U should give excellent performance as an AiMesh node, in addition to the RT-AX86U, or the GT-AX6000 are the routers I would be considering today. For the latter two, I would make them the main routers and your RT-AX88U the AiMesh node.

Welcome to the forums @BeerFizz.

The RT-AX68U should give excellent performance as an AiMesh node, in addition to the RT-AX86U, or the GT-AX6000 are the routers I would be considering today. For the latter two, I would make them the main routers and your RT-AX88U the AiMesh node.
I am in the same situation, are you saying its better to use the AX86U as the main router over the AX88U. I thought the AX88U was better?

A properly functioning and set up RT-AX86U is superior to the RT-AX88U (at least it was on 386.xx level firmware.

Adding anything less than another RT-AX86U would degrade the network experience noticeably (higher latencies).

RT-AX86U vs. RT-AX88U

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!