What's new

RT-AX88U Build 3.0.0.4.388.22237 Broke many things

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bazron

New Around Here
Since build 3.0.0.4.388.22237 I have had nothing but problems with:

1. Several devices will no longer connect to the AI Mesh network these include my Nest Smoke Alarms nor the MyQ garage door opener.
2. I have 2 RT-AX88U routers and 3 ZenWiFi AX Mini's. My main router is the RT-AX88U, my 4 AI Mesh nodes include 3 ZenWiFi AX Mini's and a RT-AX88U. The RT-AX88U node keeps randomly dropping off and then reconnecting. I have reset it, rejoined and still It continues to randomly drop off. Everything was working fine prior to this build. The number of devices connected to each AI Mesh node is also busted and no longer correct, nor do they seem to update any longer.
3. As mentioned above the second RT-AX88U node keeps dropping off the mesh network and the number of devices connected to it is no longer correct because I have things that are hard wired into that router that do not show as clients. The number of connected clients shows 0 all the time.
4. I use to be able to click on network map / view list and then rename devices this no longer works. If you rename something leave and come back the name did not save. I also use to be able to click on Network Map / Clients and then select a client on the right and rename it then apply and this no longer works. If you again leave the page and come back the old name is back in place.
5. The Number of clients connected under network map is also no longer correct as dozens of devices are missing.

Asus should be aware, i had very similar symptoms with an AI node AX88U. Got a Beta from Asus that solved it:
9.0.0.4.388_22237-g9120e16

I have a similar problem with the AX82U. I reported it to Asus, no fix yet.
Lunar New Year, their offices were closed for a week...

Asus should be aware, i had very similar symptoms with an AI node AX88U. Got a Beta from Asus that solved it:
9.0.0.4.388_22237-g9120e16
I wonder what the difference between what Asus gave you and the current official release 3.0.0.4.388_22237-g9120e16 ?

New version came out so might try and see if it resolves your problems

Ok this fixed my busted AI Mesh network and so far it seems to be back to normal. However there seems to be a bug with how fast you are getting logged out. As I try to change the names of the some of my connected clients I am getting logged out every 1 min or less

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!