What's new

Release RT-AX88U New Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_45934 (2021/11/16)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LimJK

Very Senior Member

Version 3.0.0.4.386.45934
2021/11/16 72.05 MBytes

ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.45934

1. Fixed Let's encrypt related bugs.
2. Fixed httpd vulnerability
Thanks to Wei Fan contribution.
3. Fixed stack overflow vulnerability
4. Fixed DoS vulnerability
Thanks to 360 Future Security Lab's contribution.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5:de87e63e945882a1457ef28bd6a95935

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up! I wish there was a way to get email notifications when updates are released

Thanks for the heads up! I wish there was a way to get email notifications when updates are released
If you are monitoring this forum, you will see it quite soon.

You can set the Asus router app to give you Notifications. I do not know just what you will get, though. You can also set the router to auto upgrade. Some do not like this feature for obvious reasons. But for the majority of consumers it will not harm them and keep their firmware up-to-date.

You can set the Asus router app to give you Notifications. I do not know just what you will get, though. You can also set the router to auto upgrade. Some do not like this feature for obvious reasons. But for the majority of consumers it will not harm them and keep their firmware up-to-date.
I dont use the app, never liked it
If you are monitoring this forum, you will see it quite soon.
Thats the thing, I dont sit on this forum. I only check it when someone responds to me.

My Configuration:
  • AiMesh Router: RT-AX88U 3.0.0.4.386_45934 + 2 x AiMesh Nodes: RT-AC86U 3.0.0.4_386_44470
  • Backhaul (Priority:"Auto", Type:"Wired"), Asus GX-U1051 5-Port Gigabit Switch from Router to Nodes, ISP: 1 Gbps Fibre
Everything appears to be working properly for my Configuration. I use Stock default NVRAM settings except with the following changes:
  • Enabled AiProtection: ON
  • USB Application
    • UPnP Media Server: OFF
    • Samba Share: OFF
  • LAN:
    • 40 items in my DHCP manually Assigned IP List (I used script to Backup and Restore these with customised icons)
  • Wireless:
    • 2.4 GHz: Fixed Channel Bandwidth 20MHz, Control Channel: 11, disabled both Explicit and Universal Beamforming.
    • 5.0 GHz: Fixed Channel Bandwidth 80MHz, Control Channel: 161
  • WAN DDNS:
    • Using Asus DDNS Service with Let’s Encrypt
    • Use DNS-over-TLS (with Cloudflare)
  • VPN Servers (Connecting one at a time from the following clients) working correctly:
    • OpenVPN works with
      • MacBookPro macOS Big Sur 11.6.1 - Tunnelblick 3.8.7 beta03 (build 5740),
      • iPhoneXsMax iOS 15.1 - OpenVPN Connect 3.2.3
    • IPSec works with MacBookPro & iPhoneXsMax Native Configurations
      • Cisco IPSec
      • IKEv2
    • Instant Guard works with iPhoneXsMax iOS Instant Guard 1.0.0.1.11

I dont use the app, never liked it
Maybe you should give it a try. There have been lots of changes and improvements. You have no reason to complain unless you have tried it.

The difference is my 5ghz radios haven't missed a beat since upgrading to it. I have a tendency to get unhappy when the white lights are on but nobody's home.

Version 3.0.0.4.386.45934
2021/11/16 72.05 MBytes

ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.45934

1. Fixed Let's encrypt related bugs.
2. Fixed httpd vulnerability
Thanks to Wei Fan contribution.
3. Fixed stack overflow vulnerability
4. Fixed DoS vulnerability
Thanks to 360 Future Security Lab's contribution.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5:de87e63e945882a1457ef28bd6a95935
Is there any link (GitHub or otherwise) where all previous firmware versions are available along with release notes?

I have tried to search the forums but was not able to find this….

Thanks.

Is there any link (GitHub or otherwise) where all previous firmware versions are available along with release notes?

Thanks.

Thanks.
Does this help? you might want to use your own Asus regional or country website.

Does this help? you might want to use your own Asus regional or country website.

Thank you...

Came from 3.0.0.4.386.44266 which runs perfectly. Tried this latest 45934, everything works well except my DLNA devices. My Samsung F8000 connects to the media server on a Synology NAS and a HDHomeRun box via DLNA, it's very slow to load menus/video and will end up quitting/error out the stream for both devices. :( Reverting back to 44266 has everything working properly again.

Can someone please check and see if this firmware is allowing your W11 machines to have an IPV6 connection? When I check my router it says the machines all have an ipv6 address but when I check the network status on each machine it shows no network access and if I run the ipv6 test they fail.

Last edited:
i am running version 45934 for a month now.

i noticed a nice improvement.

apparently when you change your Lan DCHP list it get's sorted automatically instead of adding the new entry to the end.

i removed an entry with ip 144
i added a new entry (with a different mac address) to ip 144
pressed apply and it is sorted

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!