What's new

RT-AX88U Random Internet/WAN Disconnects

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Zedd73

New Around Here
I recently purchased an Asus RT-AX88U router and immediately upgraded the firmware to Merlin 388.1 before setting it up.

Since installing this router (which replaced my RT-AC68U) I have been having intermittent internet/WAN drops, that require either a disconnect/reconnect of the WAN cable or a router reboot. I also have a static IP from my ISP (if that helps). I have seen a few posts on this subject but haven't seemed to find any fix as of yet.

Has anyone figured out how to resolve this issue?

I really like the speed and range over my old router, but for a newer router that got high reviews across the web, I am surprised that this issue even exists.

Appreciate any help!

Last edited:
Can you show what your logs say? I was having a similar issue, with constant wan down, i had to switch off the network monitoring option, and that did the trick for me...

Can you show what your logs say? I was having a similar issue, with constant wan down, i had to switch off the network monitoring option, and that did the trick for me...
Can't find exactly in the miles long log where the WAN drop occurred (will pull that info next time it happens), but did check on network monitoring and it was off by default according to the System Tab under Administration.

Thanks! I made that change and will see if that fixes the issue (although it hasn't dropped for a while now, so hopefully this will keep in from happening again in the future).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!