What's new

RT-AX88U upgrade to ???

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bodin Praphanthongchai

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

Currently, I have GT-AX6000 setup as a router with wired backhaul to RT-AX88U setup as an AP. I am thinking about upgrade AX88U to something that around $400 budget. What is the best recommendation for at least 2-3 years until Wifi 7 steady as a new standard? I'm considering between GT-AXE11000 ( $349 ) or another GT-AX6000 ( $289 ).

- GT-AX6000 placed in th front of the house connected to Xfinity XB8 through 2.5G port with X2 package 2gbps / 35mbps ( hopefully with upgrade to 200mbps upload speed soon ). Handeling living room, front 3 bed rooms and smart home devices in the front.
- RT-AX88U placed in the back of the house connected to multigig switch QNAP QSW-2104-2S wired to NAS and PC in the home office. And handeling 2 bed rooms, kitchen, basement, garage and all the smart home devices in the back.

All of wire devices maximum bandwith for now only 2.5G.

XB8 Modem Bridge Mode 2.5G > GT-AX6000 2.5G > QNAP 2.5G > AX88U ( this should be upgrade ) lol. Approximately for all devices in this network around 80-100 devices half of them are smart home devices I think. We do a lot of streaming contents, plex media server and gaming simultaneously. I just wasn't sure should I upgrade right now or wait? I have to say the AX88U still working fine but just want to have multigig everywhere. lol

Thanks in advance.

I'd get another GT-AX6000. I have 2 of em in wired backhaul AiMesh and this has been the fastest and most stable router that I've ever owned plus the wireless range is awesome and it's cheaper and will definitely hold you off with max performance until the WiFi 7 routers are released and WiFi 7 is supported on newer devices (ie, cell phones, laptops, etc)

I'd get another GT-AX6000. I have 2 of em in wired backhaul AiMesh and this has been the fastest and most stable router that I've ever owned plus the wireless range is awesome and it's cheaper and will definitely hold you off with max performance until the WiFi 7 routers are released and WiFi 7 is supported on newer devices (ie, cell phones, laptops, etc)
Yeah, I'm thinking about that too. It will best the best performance setup for Wifi 6 for sure no doubt.

Hi,

Currently, I have GT-AX6000 setup as a router with wired backhaul to RT-AX88U setup as an AP. I am thinking about upgrade AX88U to something that around $400 budget. What is the best recommendation for at least 2-3 years until Wifi 7 steady as a new standard? I'm considering between GT-AXE11000 ( $349 ) or another GT-AX6000 ( $289 ).

- GT-AX6000 placed in th front of the house connected to Xfinity XB8 through 2.5G port with X2 package 2gbps / 35mbps ( hopefully with upgrade to 200mbps upload speed soon ). Handeling living room, front 3 bed rooms and smart home devices in the front.
- RT-AX88U placed in the back of the house connected to multigig switch QNAP QSW-2104-2S wired to NAS and PC in the home office. And handeling 2 bed rooms, kitchen, basement, garage and all the smart home devices in the back.

XB8 Modem Bridge Mode 2.5G > GT-AX6000 2.5G > QNAP 2.5G > AX88U ( this should be upgrade ) lol. Approximately for all devices in this network around 80-100 devices half of them are smart home devices I think. We do a lot of streaming contents, plex media server and gaming simultaneously. I just wasn't sure should I upgrade right now or wait? I have to say the AX88U still working fine but just want to have multigig everywhere. lol

Thanks in advance.
I am in a similar situation, you are not considering upgrading to the rt-AX86u Pro ? Which would be better the Ax86u Pro or the Ax6000?

Hi,

Thanks in advance.
I had the exact same set-up(in terms of 1 AX6000 and 1 AX88U), finally upgraded AX88U to AX6000.

I am in a similar situation, you are not considering upgrading to the rt-AX86u Pro ? Which would be better the Ax86u Pro or the Ax6000?
From the specs I think AX6000 would be better.

I had the exact same set-up(in terms of 1 AX6000 and 1 AX88U), finally upgraded AX88U to AX6000.
I think this is the way. lol

I found the RT-AX86u and GT-AX6000 had about the same 5Ghz range in my small setup..maybe a tad more on the GT-AX6000..

If you can wait ASUS announced the RT-AX88U PRO which seems similar to the GT-AX6000 in that it has 2 2.5gig ports. ..but it not being out yet no idea how it performs.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!