What's new

RT-AX88U VPN issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

enyCEREV

New Around Here
Hey everyone!
Router is an RT-AX88U.
VPN service is Private Internet Access.
My PC is a Mini's Forum UM700 with Windows 11

I have two VPN clients setup exactly the same, one to the USA east coast and the other to the USA west coast.
Using DNS Leak Test (https://dnsleaktest.com) everything looks OK. I can use either Cloudflare (1.1.1.1) or PIA's DNS (10.0.0.241).
The east coast works great, west coast is telling me I have an authentication error.
Logs attached.
My two VPN Director rules are;
DNS Thru WAN with remote IP (10.0.0.241)
and
All of the OVPN iface set up as a local IP as (192.168.50.0/24).
Keep in mind this PC has two NIC cards with static IP's..
Thanks in advance and thanks to all you quiet geniuses for all of the help through the years!
Cheers!!!!!

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    8.2 KB · Views: 95
Your jffs partition is corrupted or out of space. You need to fix this first by reformatting the partition and factory resetting your router.

As you are using VPN Director you must be using Merlin's firmware.

Go to Administration - System and set Format JFFS partition at next boot to yes. Apply that change and reboot the router.

After the router has rebooted go to Administration - Restore/Save/Upload Setting and tick the Initialize all the settings box. Then click the Factory default - Restore button.

After the router has rebooted configure your router as required. Do not reload a saved settings file, manually configure the router.

Your jffs partition is corrupted or out of space. You need to fix this first by reformatting the partition and factory resetting your router.

As you are using VPN Director you must be using Merlin's firmware.

Go to Administration - System and set Format JFFS partition at next boot to yes. Apply that change and reboot the router.

After the router has rebooted go to Administration - Restore/Save/Upload Setting and tick the Initialize all the settings box. Then click the Factory default - Restore button.

After the router has rebooted configure your router as required. Do not reload a saved settings file, manually configure the router.
Thanks I will do this and let you know the outcome

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!