What's new

Diversion RT-AX88U with diversion, WAN connection drops

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

midniterebel

Occasional Visitor
Hello SNB Forum!

I recently purchased the RT-AX88U, and put Diversion standard on it. I also added Skynet however I am having experiences with the WAN connection going down intermittently.

It does seem to happen when both my wife and I are working from home and on meetings at the same time but it also occurs at random times as well when our network traffic is very low.

Can anyone provide some clues where I can figure out what is causing the WAN resets?

Thanks!

Hi,

What would I do if I were in your case:
1) look in syslog to find any details;
2) step by step config and after every change wait until you have a conclusion: drops are back or WAN still stable. (I know, it would take some time);

But this is only what I would do. About your case, is up 2 you, is your decision.

Good luck!

Are you using Apple devices?

Are you using Apple devices?
Thanks for the reply. Yes, we have iphones, ipads, and apple computers as well.

I just reset the router to default settings, and slowly began to reconfigure my settings. The issue happened again after I enabled NTP and ssh access. I rolled back the NTP change, waiting to see if it occurs again.

this is the syslog, i did not see anything that stands out, i don't see any lights on my cable modem go off as well:

Aug 4 21:48:55 kernel: eth0 (Int switch port: 3) (Logical Port: 3) (phyId: c) Link DOWN.
Aug 4 21:48:57 WAN_Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly.
Aug 4 21:49:02 WAN_Connection: WAN(0) link up.
Aug 4 21:49:02 rc_service: wanduck 3940:notify_rc restart_wan_if 0

Hi,

What would I do if I were in your case:
1) look in syslog to find any details;
2) step by step config and after every change wait until you have a conclusion: drops are back or WAN still stable. (I know, it would take some time);

But this is only what I would do. About your case, is up 2 you, is your decision.

Good luck!
Thanks for the advice, i'm doing this step by step now to see what could be causing it.

this is the syslog, i did not see anything that stands out, i don't see any lights on my cable modem go off as well:

Aug 4 21:48:55 kernel: eth0 (Int switch port: 3) (Logical Port: 3) (phyId: c) Link DOWN.
Do you have access to login to the modem and see if it has any interesting log entries around the same time? The fact that the physical link goes down at 21:48:55 suggests the router didn't see the modem anymore. Either the modem reset or maybe you have a cable going bad between the router and the modem.

Is this the same issue that I am experiencing:

My issue is that modem refreshes every 48 hours and my router does not update WAN IP properly for some reason. I am wondering if Diversion alters the wanduck.c behaviour?

Thanks for the reply. Yes, we have iphones, ipads, and apple computers as well.

I just reset the router to default settings, and slowly began to reconfigure my settings. The issue happened again after I enabled NTP and ssh access. I rolled back the NTP change, waiting to see if it occurs again.

Who is your ISP? No suggestion here, I just want to see if you and @Lynx have the same setup so we can figure out if there is a pattern.

Who is your ISP? No suggestion here, I just want to see if you and @Lynx have the same setup so we can figure out if there is a pattern.
My issue does not seem to be similar. I was able to see drops on my cable modem log, and had my ISP send a tech out. He worked on the lines into my home and since then it has been ok.

Thanks again to dave14305 for leading me to this.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!