What's new

RT-AX89X Certificate

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Timwilky

New Around Here
I use a couple of RT-AX89X routers as access points and local switches in my office and home. They are ideal for the 10Gb connectivity to my core network.

But how the hell do I install my own certificates on them. The Gui give me no option. When I connect via ssh I see what look like certificates in the /etc folder.

At present I am having to use ha proxy to point back to the access point gui with its wild card certificate just to keep my browser happy with a https connection.

It's on the DDNS page.

Unfortunately that did not work, it eventually times out.

Most devices allow me install my own certificates. I use my own CA for server and user certificates plus domain wildcard on my intenet facing proxy. I have certificates on most devices from cameras to smart switches and the supporting infrastructure yet these Asus routers as access points are defeating me.

There is no ddns settings.
That'd be because you run it as an AP. Asus put the certificate management on the same page as the DDNS settings.

On the RT-AX89X the cert is on the Administration >> System page under the Local Access Config section.

I think that's a Merlin-only option. In which case it's simply a hyperlink to the DDNS page.
That would be very interesting since Merlin doesn't make firmware for this router.

It's exactly where I said it is. Here's a screenshot:

Screenshot 2022-06-28 225548.png

Screenshot_20220628-194250_Chrome.jpg

No that allows me to download an untrusted CA certificate to add to my certificate store. Not install my own certificate that already has a CA installed on all my devices.

In which case it is in the wrong place as I have no DDNS page. It needs to be on the administration page.

I will try moving it to router mode, load a certificate and see if it is still there when I switch back to AP mode.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!