What's new

RT-AX92U exceptions in log, blank AiMesh page

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thw0rted

Regular Contributor
I've had some network instability with my 3x RT-AX92U mesh over the last few days, and the flaky periods roughly correlate with some unusual error messages in the logs. I've reproduced a representative sample in the attached log file, but it breaks down to "PSM microcode watchdog fired", and stack-dumps for "sk_stream_kill_queues", and "inet_sock_destruct". These have appeared again after multiple reboots of all devices, so I don't think it's just a transient one-time error.

I'd like to avoid (yet another) full reset of the network, so if anybody has seen similar errors in their logs and has a fix in mind, I'd appreciate it. Alternately, maybe this is indicative of a hardware issue? I can reach out to Asus if that's the case.

Attachments

• syslog error examples.txt
    24 KB · Views: 214
What firmware are you using?

It's running 3.0.0.4.386_41535-g1caa24a on a "dirty" upgrade, the previous version was a full reset.

It's actually gotten worse since I made this post, with a couple of spontaneous reboots. In reverse order: there was a "psm watchdog" dump this morning at 09:38, and last night at 21:37 (suspicious that it's 12 hours apart almost exactly?), 19:20, and 18:52, all following a reboot at 18:46. During that reboot (before NTP sync, so it shows in the logs as "May 5, 07:05") I see several inet_sock_destruct stackdumps, then looking just before the reboot, I see another one.

I'm sure that at some point I need to do the full mega-nuke quintuple-reset-reflash of all devices, but I'm worried this could indicate a hardware failure of some sort.