What's new

RT-N16 as a wireless Bridge issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ladysman

Occasional Visitor
I've got an old xbox 360 that does NOT have wireless built in, nor is there an ethernet line anywhere near.

Recently I switched my N66u to Merlin firmware simply because I wanted the better wireless performance. So far i've gotten that with 1 issue and that is an old RT-N16 i've used successfully with Tomato as a wireless bridge. Now, i switched to merlin on the N16 as well, i've had luck connecting it but the connection only lasts about 15 minutes then drops. I'm completely stumped. I guess it could be a hardware issue.

Before I change back to tomorrow on the N16, how should it be setup? I have it in repeater mode, static address, with gateway set to the N66u gateway, etc. It works for 15 minutes or so then just goes away and no internet connection.

Ill try tomato on it too but wondering what else I should look at? Maybe a setting i'm missing? I'm tired of messing with it and my kids yelling because they can't play minecrack. :)

Thanks!