What's new

RT-N16 router not staying in rescue mode.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kar2wlan

New Around Here
hello
i have tried to upgrade DD-WRT to asus merlin LTS firmware.
now router is not staying in rescue mode.
attaching a link of video.
plz help me rescue my router.

Please do not double-post/cross-post across forums.

try 30-30-30 Reset: Press reset button for 30 seconds. While holding, unplug router for 30 seconds, power on, hold 30 seconds

there is on RT-N16 I have this router from 2009 and it helped me XX no of times. 30/30/30 is not working from Asus N66U but was for routers before.

you can try 30/30/30 with WPS (not reset) button for RT-N16 too

I think it depends on the firmware level though? If the firmware is current, 30-30-30 doesn't do anything except what a regular reset via the Reset button does.

not sure, I am not expert in this matter just used it 100+ times on WL-500W and N16 and worked - soft I used was dd-wrt, tomato

same ref https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Hard_reset_or_30/30/30

what is strange and basically not approved anywhere (same pages tell it can damage router) I used 30/30/30 way on AC66u, AC56U and AC68U A1 when nothing else was working and was able to recovered it to point I was able to use Firmware Restoration or TFTP.

Okay, let me clarify the point above. There is no 30-30-30 reset on Asus routers running Asuswrt firmware.

30-30-30 reset may work on dd-wrt and tomato (as it is designed to) powered Asus hardware.

Firstly return stock firmware by tftp before updating merlin.