What's new

RT-N66R (3.0.0.4.374_979) Warning

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

olblueyez

Occasional Visitor
No Reply From 192.168.1.1

I installed 3.0.0.4.374_979 on my RT-N66R Yesterday.

The Configuration Page was not available via wireless because the page continuously reloaded the login pop up asking for the login info, over and over and over and over,,... To cancel out gives you a 401 error "Not Authorized" on the page. This is via wireless using my BlackBerry.

The Page was accessible via a wired desktop.

3.0.0.4.374_979 <<---IS VERY SLOW and is not just some minor fixes. The UI has been changed and it will "In no way accept and old .cfg file from the last version".

After wasting a big chunk of my weekend screwing around with this new firmware from ASUS I decided to re-install 3.0.0.4.374.720.

(3.0.0.4.374_720) had been very good for me accept one glaring issue. I am unable to access the Configuration Page via my wired desktop. I can however access the config page via wireless on my BlackBerry and it works extremely well. If the problem regarding config page access via a wired desktop were fixed it would be great,,... For my use anyway. :D

(3.0.0.4.374_979)<<---Slow Performance, (Netgear Slow UI), no config access via wireless.

(3.0.0.4.374_720)<<---Fast Performance, small issue with wired config access.

Last edited:
Are you asking for help?

I don't have any problem with either firmware version (.720 or .979) with wired or wireless GUI access. Config pages all work really fast.

Are you asking for help?

I don't have any problem with either firmware version (.720 or .979) with wired or wireless GUI access. Config pages all work really fast.

I'm ok with it the way .720 is working just now. I had access after the firmware was loaded and was able to do the setup but now that I have my settings the way I want them my desktop just doesn't wanna connect so if I need to make any changes I use my BlackBerry.

I would like to know if a solution for the wired GUI exists but I'm not going to hold my breath. If you need any info let me know. I know I'm not the only one with this issue.

Got this today. Still makes no sense. And it doesn't "refresh" like is says. I got this when using a bookmark with 192.168.1.1

89fg.jpg

So I cleaned out the browser, and type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar and I get this.

Chrome
hw9c.jpg

IPConfig
7h67.jpg

Blackberry still has access using 192.168.1.1

:confused:

Last edited:
I am not really sure what problem you are facing.
I suggest to hard reset the router, or use the Recovery mode to restore a fresh downloaded firmware image and MANUAL reconfigure the router (do not restore any backup file):

Hard reset:
1-Power up the router.
2-Hold the reset button pressed more than 5 seconds.
3-Access the router at the default IP address 192.168.1.1 and admin/admin

Recovery mode:
1-Power down the router.
2-Press and hold the reset button, at the same time power up the router.
3-Wait for slow flashing Power LED.
4-Release the reset button.
5-Set your computer to a fixed IP address, such as 192.168.1.100 / 255.255.255.0.
6-Hardwire your computer to the router.
7-Start the Firmware Restoration utility.
8-Wait for the Firmware Restoration utility to finish.
9-Access the router at the default IP address 192.168.1.1 and admin/admin

I am not really sure what problem you are facing.
I suggest to hard reset the router, or use the Recovery mode to restore a fresh downloaded firmware image and MANUAL reconfigure the router (do not restore any backup file):

Hard reset:
1-Power up the router.
2-Hold the reset button pressed more than 5 seconds.
3-Access the router at the default IP address 192.168.1.1 and admin/admin

Recovery mode:
1-Power down the router.
2-Press and hold the reset button, at the same time power up the router.
3-Wait for slow flashing Power LED.
4-Release the reset button.
5-Set your computer to a fixed IP address, such as 192.168.1.100 / 255.255.255.0.
6-Hardwire your computer to the router.
7-Start the Firmware Restoration utility.
8-Wait for the Firmware Restoration utility to finish.
9-Access the router at the default IP address 192.168.1.1 and admin/admin

Hard Reset does the trick but only for initial setup. After that, its back to the same thing. A google search shows this is wide spread and not just this router. IMO its a windows problem. Or one of the many apps windows users use. If it were the router I dont think a wireless device would be able to use 192.168.1.1 either.

Can you try to explain what exactly the problem is that you experience?

It is very common for routers to use 192.168.1.1 as its address, with 255.255.255.0 as subnetmask.
In that case you will find 192.168.1.1 as Standard Gateway, as DHCP Server and as DNS in the client applications.
Of course clients behind the router shall not have address 192.168.1.1, when set to Automatic/DHCP, they shall get an unique address.
You can change the router IP and DHCP settings to anything else, as long as you respect the rules for IPv4 addressing.

Last edited:
Try another bowser, try another router, or try another forum.
And maybe you are willing to try to explain your problem with writing down some words instead of just posting screendumps.
-How does your network look like?
-What is it that you try to establish?
-What steps did you follow to get what you want?
-What did you expect that will happen?
-What was the final result?
-What did you do to try to fix the problem?
-Did your trials change the result?

Last edited:
Try another bowser, try another router, or try another forum.
And maybe you are willing to try to explain your problem with writing down some words instead of just posting screendumps.
-How does your network look like?
-What is it that you try to establish?
-What steps did you follow to get what you want?
-What did you expect that will happen?
-What was the final result?
-What did you do to try to fix the problem?
-Did your trials change the result?

Thanks for all your help. You're a really nice person. :)