What's new

[RT-N66U] Fast upload, slow download on wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mukow

New Around Here
I have a RT-N66U and on my wired connection I get fast download and upload speeds (210 Mbps down / 195 Mbps up), while on my wireless connection I get much slower download but still have a fast upload (18 Mbps down / 178 Mbps up). The figures are from speedtest.net.

I'm trying to increase the download speed on my wireless network. Any ideas on why the upload speeds would be fine but the download speeds would be slow?

I have turned off the 'Smart QoS' and the 'HW Acceleration' is listed as enabled. I'm using the 5ghz frequency and set the wireless mode to 'N only' and the channel bandwidth to '40 MHz'. After reading other posts on the forum I just upgraded to the 376.47 Merlin firmware but am still having this issue.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Let me know if any other information would be helpful.