What's new

RT-N66U IP Address Misbehaving

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MoInSTL

Occasional Visitor
I limited my DHCP range and all of my other devices conformed without a problem except one.

I set it to end at 192.168.1.34

I have Directv whole home network and for some reason the Cinema Connection Kit has an IP of .231!

My TV, NAS, PC, Chromecast, Ooma etc are all .9, .22 and so on and within the range I specified.

I tried rebooting the router, resetting the CCK, unplugged CCK then plugged it back in without rebooting router. I've tried every combination I can think of.

Anyone else with a CCK and set DHCP range? I don't understand why it isn't limited by the router.

Mo, any chance that DHCP is turned off at the CCK, resulting in a static assignment?

Thanks for the reply. It was a good suggestion to look at. It did allow for port forwarding but I didn't want to mess with it for something I don't use much. I "resolved" it by getting a Genie which is wireless. So it got rid of the standalone CCK sitting on top on my sub-woofer and freed up a spot on my outlet strip. Cleaner look and not sucking power.