What's new

RT-N66U LAN ports not Gigabit

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rift

New Around Here
Hello All

I'm having an odd problem with my brand new 66u. For some reason or another the network connection with the 66u is is only going to 100mbs on a wired gigabit line.

When I hook my computer back up to my old router it detects right away and in windows it shows as a gigabit connection.

I have reset the 66u and I'm about to try a firmware downgrade however I'm sort of puzzled as to what might be causing this and if anyone else has seen it?

I'm running the 108 firmware as of this post and will be trying the 96 again.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Firmware downgrade yielded no joy same result. Wired connections are all at 100mb speeds.

I can't seem to find any setting that would control port speed either.

Ahhh I feel silly. Chalk this one up to an error in the crimping of my cable.

Turns out the white/blue cable slipped back a little when I crimped it and didn't get fully pierced by the pin. I cut and re-crimped and all is good. =)

Ahhh I feel silly. Chalk this one up to an error in the crimping of my cable.

Turns out the white/blue cable slipped back a little when I crimped it and didn't get fully pierced by the pin. I cut and re-crimped and all is good. =)

Hi,
That is why I don't make cables any more. I got hold of dozen or so various length CAT 7 cables. Good stuff!:)

Hi,
That is why I don't make cables any more. I got hold of dozen or so various length CAT 7 cables. Good stuff!:)
I haven't kept up much on it, but I didn't realize they were making Cat7 already.

I bought Cat6 cables, the same design flat cable that comes with the router, only longer.