What's new

RT-N66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

late_rn

Occasional Visitor
Screenshot_20240111_034731_Samsung Internet.jpg

Good morning people, I have been using this router since 2013 and have had no issue eversince!
But yesterday, I lost internet connection, and when I logged into 192.168.1.1, I was presented with the Asus set up page! When I scanned for wireless networks I didn't see my old wifi but I see the default Asus ones.
So I tried to set up, and voila, I have new connection.

I have always been using MAC address filter and no one knows the password. My wife's laptop though has expired bitdefender internet security, I forgot to install new one on it. Could that have caused the issue? Maybe her laptop was hacked, and some hacker reset the router?
Thanks

View attachment 55431

Good morning people, I have been using this router since 2013 and have had no issue eversince!
But yesterday, I lost internet connection, and when I logged into 192.168.1.1, I was presented with the Asus set up page! When I scanned for wireless networks I didn't see my old wifi but I see the default Asus ones.
So I tried to set up, and voila, I have new connection.

I have always been using MAC address filter and no one knows the password. My wife's laptop though has expired bitdefender internet security, I forgot to install new one on it. Could that have caused the issue? Maybe her laptop was hacked, and some hacker reset the router?
Thanks

Maybe someone dust the routered and accidentally reset it. Maybe it's burning out. It's past EOL and no longer receiving firmware updates. I replaced mine in 2015.

OE

Maybe someone dust the routered and accidentally reset it. Maybe it's burning out. It's past EOL and no longer receiving firmware updates. I replaced mine in 2015.

OE
Well no one touches the router except me and it's inside a "cage". I will observe it and see what happens. But I have been looking for a new router similar to the interface of this current one.

Well no one touches the router except me and it's inside a "cage". I will observe it and see what happens. But I have been looking for a new router similar to the interface of this current one.
You'll find all of the Asus offerings have the same interface. It's time to upgrade, and use that one as a media bridge or just a switch.