What's new

RT RC5300 and RT AC1900P working together

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

update both to latest 21140 firmware
set 1900P on admin page to Aimesh node mode and place it about 5m away. Search on 5300 for Aimesh nodes and connect it (done via WiFi). After it is connected take it to the other end and conect ethernet to WAN port, should be ready ...

update both to latest 21140 firmware
set 1900P on admin page to Aimesh node mode and place it about 5m away. Search on 5300 for Aimesh nodes and connect it (done via WiFi). After it is connected take it to the other end and conect ethernet to WAN port, should be ready ...

My AC5300 is already up to date with the current firmware,

Question do I use the computer to update the AC1900p firmware and then set it AiMesh nodes and then search on the 5300 for the 1900 then connect it, and then unhook it and take it upstairs and plug in the Ethernet cable ? And what one do I can the connection type on the 5300 or 1900?

At anytime is the 1900p plugged into the 5300 for this process?

Sorry for so many questions you are probably saying this guy ask to many questions!lol

^ May need to change the connection priority to wired.
In mode Auto it should prefer wired over wireless! Seen in a video working flawlessly.
My AC5300 is already up to date with the current firmware,

Question do I use the computer to update the AC1900p firmware and then set it AiMesh nodes and then search on the 5300 for the 1900 then connect it, and then unhook it and take it upstairs and plug in the Ethernet cable ? And what one do I can the connection type on the 5300 or 1900?

At anytime is the 1900p plugged into the 5300 for this process?

Sorry for so many questions you are probably saying this guy ask to many questions!lol
yes
connect PC via related Wifi to the router you want to update
on node WAN-port and parent router any LAN-port.
really too many questions, just do it, its easy, you will see ...

In mode Auto it should prefer wired over wireless! Seen in a video working flawlessly.

yes
connect PC via related Wifi to the router you want to update
on node WAN-port and parent router any LAN-port.
really too many questions, just do it, its easy, you will see ...

It working just fine, I used the app to add it to my set up. I thought I would try it to see if it would find the other router ac1900 and it did right away. And it set it up in my network right away.

I thought I would have trouble, but thank you all very much for help and guidance![emoji3]

I have it hard wired to my 5300 router to the upstairs office.

Is there any settings that I should be making or just leave it alone?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

of course it is, more stable, reliable and faster. WiFi per definition is only half duplex while LAN is full duplex (if not changed in driver settings) with full 1Gb/s all the time stable.
Just plug an ethernet cable from one parent LAN port to node WAN port.
They all are able to be connected via LAN, you only have to choose right mode (router/AP/MB/repeater/Aimesh-node), you will see the picture according to.
If using Aimesh you will have to change setting to use ethernet backhaul (auto maybe would use WiFi instead).

Where do you change that setting to set it on ethernet backhaul? I see the connection show wired on the app.

Thank you

Auto is the default and it should switch when wired up properly. But to manually configure select the node in the side panel and below the IP select "more config"... The more config" will change to close when the drawer is open

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 22.22.10.png

This is all great info... Thanks for sharing! I'm going to go grab a pair of ASUS RT-AC86U this week and set it up with the wired backhaul. Hopefully then my kids will stop complaining about "my internet is slooooow dad!!!".

I have both units now and want to get the RT AC1900P up and running. Already have had my AC5300 up and running for about a month and want to hook up the other router by hard wire Ethernet cable hook up. So from what I have read from your post it sounds like I just hook the AC1900P to the other end of my Ethernet cable and plug it in and I am ready to go?

Also do you have to go into the AC1900 and set up your network name and password all again the be able to connect anything via WiFi or does it just automatically pick it up from the the AC5300 router?

I have not had another router hooked up to my network, and the settings on the AC5300 are still just the stock firmware, and I did update the firmware on the 5300 when I first set it up out of the box.

Please help me on if this is correct or if I am doing something wrong, or what other settings need to be done in my AC5300 unit along with the RT AC1900P.

Thank you so very much for your help on this, I have just never done this before and just want to make sure I do this correctly.

I have a question if I could add another router as a node to my setup and that one being a AC3100?

Thank you

Mesh should support a mix and match setup as long as the router supports mesh it should be able to be added as a node.
According to https://www.asus.com/AiMesh/ the 3100 is supported.

If you use ethernet on the mesh make sure the LAN cable from the primary router goes to the WAN connection on the node.

Mesh should support a mix and match setup as long as the router supports mesh it should be able to be added as a node.
According to https://www.asus.com/AiMesh/ the 3100 is supported.

If you use ethernet on the mesh make sure the LAN cable from the primary router goes to the WAN connection on the node.

Can this unit be hook up wirelessly instead of hard wiring? Because where this one needs to go would be very difficult to hardwired. Or will this cause a problem with one being hardwired and the other in the setup hooked by wirelessly?

Thank you

Can this unit be hook up wirelessly instead of hard wiring? Because where this one needs to go would be very difficult to hardwired. Or will this cause a problem with one being hardwired and the other in the setup hooked by wirelessly?
no problem, it takes what it gets, but wireless signals must be good enough between this extended unit to any of the others to mesh.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!