What's new

Ruckus 7363 review possibilities?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

claykin

Very Senior Member
Tim

I'm fairly certain you've seen this. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/wi-fi-performance,2985.html

I would like to see a review of the Ruckus 7363. I get its $600 list price is a showstopper for many SNB visitors, but there's plenty who come to SNB looking for solutions for larger offices, larger homes, or to work well for video streaming. Also some who are also just fed up with consumer wifi gear and its often shoddy firmware support. Some of these folks may be willing to spend more $ if it meant an end to their misery.

The 7363 can work as a standalone AP without need for the $1200+ Zonedirector. For $600, this could potentially be a solid option for some more advanced users. Especially those who spend hours and hours of their day testing and returning $150+ routers looking for that one that will give them that little bit more than they currently now.

Think about it.....

Few would pay the high price for a controller-capable Access Point and use it without a controller!

Few would pay the high price for a controller-capable Access Point and use it without a controller!

It can be used as a stand alone AP with no controller. The fact it can be used with the controller is a value add for the few that may opt for the $1200+ controller.

Ruckus' patented designs seem to have given them an edge. I'm thinking about people who want stability, reliability, etc. and are willing to pay more for it.

Tim tests Zyxel $500 Gateways on SNB and while I can also buy a $149 Linksys with similar features, I appreciate the robust Zyxel design and feature-set. Some are happy to spend more $ if it means bliss!

BTW, the same Ruckus series has a 7343 which has no 5Ghz band and a 7341 which is similar to 7343 but with a single LAN port. 7343 is $500 and 7341 is $400 retail.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, claykin. Truth be told, I haven't read Toms in awhile.

Mr. Van Winkle has some "in" with Ruckus that I don't. Back in 2009 when Toms did another Ruckus review, I contacted them to see if they would provide a pair of MediaFlex 7000's for review.

I withdrew the request when they wanted to specify how I should test the product. Previous discussions with them went the same way.

[Yeesh, I just started to read Part 1 of the series. Never saw such a blatant effort at driving page views. Stopped after one page.]

Thanks for the link, claykin. Truth be told, I haven't read Toms in awhile.

Mr. Van Winkle has some "in" with Ruckus that I don't. Back in 2009 when Toms did another Ruckus review, I contacted them to see if they would provide a pair of MediaFlex 7000's for review.

I withdrew the request when they wanted to specify how I should test the product. Previous discussions with them went the same way.

[Yeesh, I just started to read Part 1 of the series. Never saw such a blatant effort at driving page views. Stopped after one page.]

If I recall, the Mediaflex was billed as a Media specific AP and that was 2 years ago. The current 7300 series are general purpose single/dual band AP for SMB. Maybe Ruckus has refined their designs enough that they would feel more comfortable testing using your methodology. Asking is the only way you'll find out.

A lot has changed in 2 years. In 2009 it was difficult to find a etailer selling Ruckus stuff. Today there are several.

Agree that Tom's is no longer the same since he sold out. Once in a while a good article still appears.