What's new

running Minecraft on supermicro mobo

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

patrick sullivan

Regular Contributor
I have a server PC that I want to install Minecraft on and have it mine 24/7, since this PC is running anyway. I installed Minecraft, but I don't think I understand the graphics requirements. I access this PC via remote desktop. If I install a small Nvidia graphics card, will that fix this issue, even though I will not be accessing the game with any monitor, only remote desktop? (Zotac Geforce GT 710) Here is the system info and the error I am receiving.

Minecraft requirements:
  • •CPU: Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 (K8) 2.6 GHz.
  • •RAM: 2GB.
  • •GPU (Integrated): Intel HD Graphics or AMD (formerly ATI) Radeon HD Graphics with OpenGL 2.1.
  • •GPU (Discrete): Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT or AMD Radeon HD 2400 with OpenGL 3.1.
  • •HDD: At least 200MB for Game Core and Other Files.
  • •Java 6 Release 45
My system:

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Xeon E3 1230 v2 @ 3.30GHz 39 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Supermicro X9SCL/X9SCM (CPU) 32 °C
Graphics
Generic Non-PnP Monitor (3840x2160@32Hz)
Matrox Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (Super Micro Computer)
Storage
3726GB Hitachi HGST HDN726040ALE614 (SATA ) 33 °C
111GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB (SATA (SSD)) 28 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
No audio card detected

Error when booting the game:

The game crashed whilst initializing game
Error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: GLFW error 65542: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL

I have a server PC that I want to install Minecraft on and have it mine 24/7, since this PC is running anyway. I installed Minecraft, but I don't think I understand the graphics requirements. I access this PC via remote desktop. If I install a small Nvidia graphics card, will that fix this issue, even though I will not be accessing the game with any monitor, only remote desktop? (Zotac Geforce GT 710) Here is the system info and the error I am receiving.

This might be helpful - one can run the minecraft server headless...

https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Setting_up_a_server

If I remember right I had to replace the old Matrox video in some of my old server motherboards by adding a small video card. I am not sure how you are using a 3840x2160@32Hz video monitor with an old Matrox video built on the motherboard. At some point Microsoft servers had to be able to do SuperVGA and my old Matrox video was only VGA. I think there was a setting in bios to use an addon video card. I ran my servers at home in a rack with a video switcher.

@coxhaus - yeah, recall something like that for a different use case - where code would look for an actual display...

Not sure if they're still offered out there - but there was a dongle/plug one would put on the VGA port that would present to the video card a pseudo-SGVA monitor was attached.

"I am not sure how you are using a 3840x2160@32Hz"

That's the monitor via remote desktop. Thanks guys for the information! Appreciate it. I ordered an inexpensive nvidia off ebay.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!