What's new

Sad story of Cloudflare coder and cofounder Lee Holloway

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
Passion is rarely nourished by money. It changes from a labour of love to a labour of labour.

Not the most positive story to read these days, but if you are curious, this Wired article tells the sad story of one of Cloudflare's original founders, and his mental collapse caused by a major health problem.

https://www.wired.com/story/lee-holloway-devastating-decline-brilliant-young-coder/

So what happened at the end did he die ? It didn't seem clear. My mom died from that two years ago and i can tell you it's the worst thing that could ever happen to a person. Sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what happened at the end did he die ? It didn't seem clear. My mom died from that two years ago and i can tell you it's the worst thing that could ever happen to a person. Sad.

At the time of the article, he was still alive, but was no longer able to talk or react much at all to his environment.

At the time of the article, he was still alive, but was no longer able to talk or react much at all to his environment.

Thanks Eric. Indeed a sad story and close to home for me. He won't last much longer. Really strange how a brain can be so intelligent and then fail. It was a good read.

Very interesting looking into the rise and sad fall of a genius and whose labors we all enjoy today, even if indirectly.

I read the story - the light the burns brightest

Sad that Silicon Valley just moves on.. chasing the money...

Thanks Eric. Indeed a sad story and close to home for me. He won't last much longer. Really strange how a brain can be so intelligent and then fail. It was a good read.

Shows that we cannot take anything for granted, not even our own intelligence.