What's new

Samba Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The "credits" error message relates to SMBv2. I suggest you change to SMBv1 only and see what error message(s) you get.

Attaching files from /var/log

samba.log is regularly rewritten and the previous version is written to samba.log.old I tried saving all the old ones as they got rewritten, and have added extensions .1 to .4 with .old being the most recent. The Update Music Library error happened at the end of samba.log.2

So, you are back to the same issue as in post 3. Credits are a SMB2 thing (as Colin already pointed out) and is the responsibility of the Client to request sufficient number of credits. So, either your client does not support SMB2 or it does and is doing a awful job of it, or the Router version of Samba is doing an awful job of managing the credits (it the responsibility of the client to request enough credits for its expected use, but it is the servers job to manage them).

Either way, if you can force your client to use SMB1, then I suggest you do so.

I'll stick to the buggy implementations of SMB2 with Sonos. SMB1 with Sonos was buggy in its own way. I had some hope when Sonos implemented version SMB2 earlier this year.

BTW, after upgrading my Tuf-AX500 to the latest 3.0.0.4.388_23285, I was able to add the USB HDD to Sonos successfully. I used forward slashes, btw. I won´t updating the library again though, as I´m not sure if second time will be successful too. ))