What's new

Sans Digital AccuNas AN104LS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

richk

New Around Here
I just wanted to provide my experiences with this company and their product for potential customers. Once setup and working, it's a decent NAS but documentation and tech support leave a lot to be desired.

I did some research before buying this NAS and this one seemed to have everything I was looking for at a decent price. The setup instructions were fairly easy to follow but some of the stuff I was intrested in wasn't covered well enough in the printed instructions. I turned to what was suppose to be detailed instructions included on a CD and found out the documentation wasn't as good as it should be, usually you're overwhelmed with detailed documentation, sadly this wasn't the case. Through trial and error, I was finally able to connect it successfully to Active Directory.

After running it for about a month I started having problems. I contacted tech support and found out that they work mostly using email and having you try one thing at a time, this is normally a good thing but when it takes a day per email, resolution can take a long time. I called with my problem and they said they would give the info to a senior technician, I received a response the next day to try some things which didn't work. I gave them the errors and again had to wait a day for more suggestions. If you have critical data that you need access to on a regular basis this isn't the way to troubleshoot a problem. If you're a home user this may be acceptable but this NAS is geared toward businesses and if you have to wait a couple weeks for a solution it's unacceptable. Luckily I'm still in the testing phase and the data is available at another location.

Does anyone else have experience with this company or product? Is this type of customer service typical for them? I have 3 years of support with them, so I'd like to know if this is what I have to look forward too. Thanks.

Rich

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!