What's new

Schedules, Parental Controls, and Guest Networks

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fisherm

New Around Here
Equipment: RT-N66U (current stock firmware, not opposed to using Merlin's)

Can I set a guest network to turn on/off on a schedule?

If not is it possible to apply a parental control rule, specifically the access schedule, to only a guest network?

Case:
I'd like to have my main wireless network, we'll call it "Smith Home," available at all times. However, I'd like my Friday night guests to have access to "Smith Guest" from 5pm til 10pm only on Friday. I'd prefer to not have the "Smith Guest" SSID broadcasting all week long, as it wouldn't be in use except for a short period of time.

With Merlin's firmware (not sure about stock ) you can have up to three guest networks and one of many options is to have a scheduled on/off time.

Using version 374.43_0, this is not an option within the guest network settings. It still only allows a user to specify a particular length of time the connection will be active. It does not allow setting a window of time(s) (e.g. Mon 5pm-8pm, and Fri 7pm-10pm). Thanks for the attempt, though. Any other ways to accomplish this?