What's new

Scribe shows incorrect routing with VPN Director

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gjf

Maybe my issues was discussed already - I didn't find such discussion though - so I want to report about it.
The issue was observed and discussed here. It was found Routing Table from System Log shows incorrect routing for VPN when VPN Director is used.
It looks like the routing is based on simple "ip route" output rather than "IP rule".

Any chance to get it fixed?

If you're referring to the Routing Table tab, then neither scribe or uiscribe modify this.

Reactions: gjf
ip rule is a list of rules for which routing table should be used for a particular situation, ip route is a list of the routes themselves. they are not one and the same.

If you're referring to the Routing Table tab, then neither scribe or uiscribe modify this.
Good to hear it. And can scribe modify this output to show corect data?
As you can see in the topic I have mentioned exactly "ip route" leads to misunderstanding about what routing was applied in fact.

Good to hear it. And can scribe modify this output to show corect data?
Scribe/uiScribe has nothing to do with routing or the VPN UI, it's a syslog manager.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!