What's new

Security camera functioning and performance with ASUS RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Saqr42

Occasional Visitor
Dears,

I am considering to buy a home security camera system to be installed and connected to my home wireless network, mostly all cameras will connect in wireless mode to this home network. Will the Asus RT-AC88U be able to carry or withstand the traffic load of such cameras ? Is a 4 channel NVR storage device needed ? Would you clarify ??

The AC88U should have no problems handling the cameras, as mine handles quite a few wirelessly.
As for the NVR, that depends on your setup. I have multiple cameras and I use BlueIris to control them through a PC that does the recording.

And I thought I had a lot of cameras at 8, lol
Good to know that there is plenty of bandwidth still available. I've never used an NVR, so wasn't sure on that one.

I have a CT8 and an RP-AC55 as an AIMesh node and I have 3 wireless cameras (2 REOLinks and an Armcrest). They record to my Synology NAS. I provisioned 1 2.4ghz network just for the cameras and IoT devices. Works perfectly.