What's new

Security VPN and FTP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ricksw

New Around Here
Hi all.

I have a Asus RT - AC 58 U with last Firmware Version.
I would like to know the safest method to access my HDD via usb 3.0 connected to my Asus router.
I managed to do it this way:
I configured the vpn server and the Android vpn client. Then i create a ddns in wan/DDNS in Asus Router and on no-ip.com and with the Aicloud app and Asus Router application and remotely, via the internet, I access everything I need at home. Aicloud app to files, folders, etc. Asus Router app I connect to the router, see who is connected and consumptions, etc. Will it be more secure via VPN and then FTP to access the files? Enable SSH via telnet? But telnet from what I read is unsafe. Am I insurece when I do any of these operations? Any tutorial to me to read and to lear more about this?

Thank in advance for your help

Regards

Last edited:
The VPN client/server is providing the secure remote access you need. After that it doesn't really make any difference what method you use to access your files because everything is being encrypted by the VPN tunnel. Just make sure the only access is through the VPN and that you haven't enabled any other direct access (HTTP/S, FTP, SSH, etc.) from the internet.

The VPN client/server is providing the secure remote access you need. After that it doesn't really make any difference what method you use to access your files because everything is being encrypted by the VPN tunnel. Just make sure the only access is through the VPN and that you haven't enabled any other direct access (HTTP/S, FTP, SSH, etc.) from the internet.
Hi Colin.
Thanks for the info . How can I do it now that I'm connected securely via VPN and I can read what I have on the external HDD connected to USB of the Asus Router through Asus applications, how can I write to that disk? Which application to use?