What's new

Diversion Seeing Ads (Mobile/Tablets)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Intreseting! I guess there is really no way to block these Ads now other than AdGuard on PI.

I think my Diversion has become damaged though `a ad-blocking to IP 0.0.0.0` all of a sudden I'm sure yesterday it said 192.168.1.1, would this be the Skynet firewall iptables?
I can confirm Pihole can block these queries no problem as long as the domain is defined in the blocklist.

View attachment 35138
They classify the queries as HTTPS, but they use to classify it as other.

Maybe it is time to start the project to "run PiHole on the router itself" rather than a separate Pi device...

I recall someone had written some guidance to have PiHole running on Asus Router itself... need to find it and experiment again.

If anyone remembers the link or can find it - please post. Thank you.

I would like all my networking stuff to be contained on a single device.

Maybe it is time to start the project to "run PiHole on the router itself" rather than a separate Pi device...

I recall someone had written some guidance to have PiHole running on Asus Router itself... need to find it and experiment again.

If anyone remembers the link or can find it - please post. Thank you.

I would like all my networking stuff to be contained on a single device.
Found the link...

I can confirm Pihole can block these queries no problem as long as the domain is defined in the blocklist.

View attachment 35138
They classify the queries as HTTPS, but they use to classify it as other.

How easy is this to setup with ASUS Merlin running router? I'm tempted to buy a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Starter Kit. But not sure if it's simple enough for a newbie or if that's even the right kit, ha.

Would the steps be as simple as explained on this Reddit post?

Last edited:
Does anyone have Pi-hole running on an ASUS router?

I'm seeing on Reddit/Discord that Pi-hole has a better success rate of blocking ads on iOS 14.5 including iOS 15 within apps. Tempted to just buy the kit and find out but a expensive fail if it's no better so hoping someone here has a Pihole running..

Cheers