What's new

Selective Routing for Netflix

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@Marin,

I updated the repo so the menu x3mRouting is installed in the /opt/bin/ directory. The menu can now be accessed by typing the command x3mRouting at any location in the file system. You can download the new menu using the command:

Code:
/usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Xentrk/x3mRouting/master/x3mRouting" -o "/opt/bin/x3mRouting" && chmod 755 /opt/bin/x3mRouting && x3mRouting

Manually remove the old menu:
Code:
rm /jffs/scripts/install_x3mRouting.sh

The README.md has been updated to reflect the change. No other programs were updated.

Thank you for the comments on the project!

Thank you @Xentrk! I will try it as soon as I get a chance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xentrk...I had to reset my router. I was trying to reinstall the script and I keep getting the following error:

Warning: Failed to create the file /opt/bin/x3mRouting: No such file or
Warning: directory

Any ideas what may be causing this issue?

UPDATE: I got it working.

Last edited:
Happy to help!

A common configuration where you want your entire LAN to go through the VPN, but not the router itself. Enter the following rules in the Policy Routing section of the OpenVPN Client Screen:

Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime will now detect you are using a VPN. To watch Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime, you can use the scripts to bypass PIA VPN by specifying WAN as the interface using a 0:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
sh /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/load_AMAZON_ipset_iface.sh 0 AMAZON-US US
sh /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/load_ASN_ipset_iface.sh 0 NETFLIX AS2906
sh /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/load_DNSMASQ_ipset_iface.sh 0 HULU_WEB hulu.com,hulustream.com,akamaihd.net

Those services will now see that you are not using a VPN and will allow you to stream.

The streaming media rules have a higher priority than the rules entered in the OpenVPN Client screen and will always go thru the WAN iface. All other traffic will go thru the VPN.

Xentrk, question for you. In the future, if I decide to use TorGuard (TG) as my VPN provider. Would I need to change my scripts settings under nat-start to something else? You helped me setup the scripts using PIA, however, I'm tempted to start using TG and wanted to see if these settings would need to change as well? I'm sure the TG website has instructions on how to set it up thru the router correct? I also noticed TG has ddos protection for gaming but's it's an additional $8 as an add-on. I wonder how much of a difference this add-on would benefit for gaming? Will look more into it.

Last edited:
Xentrk, question for you. In the future, if I decide to use TorGuard (TG) as my VPN provider. Would I need to change my scripts settings under nat-start to something else? You helped me setup the scripts using PIA, however, I'm tempted to start using TG and wanted to see if these settings would need to change as well? I'm sure the TG website has instructions on how to set it up thru the router correct? I also noticed TG has ddos protection for gaming but's it's an additional $8 as an add-on. I wonder how much of a difference this add-on would benefit for gaming? Will look more into it.
The scripts should not require a change. The changes would be in the OpenVPN Client screen. TG has a config tool that creates the settings in a file. You then download the file and choose the import settings option to load to the screen.

I don't have any knowledge of their DDOS protection for gaming. Here is a link I found about it. See the post to save some money on a TG subscription. Unforutnately, the pictures are not displaying after a recent update of the site. Still trying to figure out why.